From LURKMORE wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Mix salt into filtered water and add almonds. Soak for at least 12 hours. Use enough water to submerge the almonds by about an inch.
- Drain the soaking water and rinse the almonds well. Do not re-use the soaking water, it now contains phytic acid.
- Blend almonds with 4 cups of filtered water in a high speed blender (such as a Vitamix). Blend about one minute at 80% power, until smooth and creamy.
- Strain almond milk into a large bowl through a nut milk bag, cheese cloth, sprout bag, or a clean thin kitchen towel.
- Pour into a glass jar or pitcher and store in fridge for up to four days.
Add 1/2 cup strawberries for strawberry almond milk, 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder for chocolate almond milk, etc.