I had an idea for the 4chan memes, and how to better sort them. This single page is REALLY long... perhaps we can give each meme it's own page, and then tag [[Category:Memes]] onto the bottom of each page, to put everything in a memes category. (I've already started with a Camgirls category, to sort all of them out) Good? Bad? --FetusMan 13:58, 30 July 2006 (PDT)
Yes, this is exactly what I'm trying to do but I hadn't looked into how to make categories yet. Thank you for all the work you're doing. As I'm sure you noticed I've been highlighting many key words in order to make them into entries later. If everyone can get on IRC we can figure out who is going to be editing this wiki and we can synchronize what formats we will be doing etc. kyrio 15:20, 30 July 2006 (PDT)
>:3 RAWR I AM A LION
Could someone add the name of the manga that is commonly used in the meme to the entry?
A couple more
I noticed that "Win and God" and variations, as well as the recent "QUALITY" and "Quality Cabbage" craze are not there.
From whence does "AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR" spring?
- It comes from AIR. The whole thing with character designs eyes being very large, ala Kanon.
No it doesn't, moron. It's from Total Recall.
- Yeah it now says that it's from Total Recall, but actually, upon reading this, the Key anime shit makes sense; they're known for making their characters have their eyes far apart - though not facing different directions. onreload
That fucking Space AIDS...
Could someone add an entry for the /m/ meme known as Space AIDS? We've got 3x faster, so why not that?
- I've noticed a lot of the meme related stuff only about a paragraph in size are getting shuffled onto new pages; DON'T FUDGING DO THAT. Not only does it look ugly on the main page, it's unnecessary since the material length isn't all that impressive anyway. Sure, stuff like the GET Encylopedia deserves its own page, but not small-arse text. I'm going to have to go through this entire god dang mess and clean-up. Malintex Terek 18:27, 22 March 2007 (PDT)
- Disregard that, cocks, suck, etc. Kyrio's the boss. Malintex Terek 20:32, 27 March 2007 (PDT)
- How about you don't fag up the wiki and do it properly. kyrio 21:23, 22 March 2007 (PDT)
- If by "properly" you mean, "like a piece of trash", I'd say this Wiki is good and proper right now. Malintex Terek 23:02, 22 March 2007 (PDT)
- Just keep with the general style, try doing new things you think might be good (if I don't like it I can fix it but generally I like what people do) and try and keep entries on the pages they belong.
- All memes link from the 4chan page and their entries go on to the pages that they belong.
- So far I've figured that 4chan's non-specific meme's should take their own pages while board specific meme's should stay on the page of the board.
- Also, I don't know or care to learn the more advanced wiki whatnots to make pages more interactive with each other but that would help (those fun things at the bottom of pages that have 'series' info, etc). kyrio 21:18, 27 March 2007 (PDT)
- I would suggest that for cross-board memes that are either relatively minor or just don't have a lot that could be said about them, we should have a "miscelaneous memes" (or something to that effect) page. Moot 22:53, 1 April 2007 (PDT)
Uh, right. Could I get credit for creating Osaka is Italian? -TM
Could somebody add the "Slowpoke" meme? I'm hesitant to do it myself because I have no idea how it started. I prefer to only write articles for memes I actually understand, so as to not confuse people with false info. Moot 02:34, 5 April 2007 (PDT)
All I know is that a picture of Slowpoke or a variant is posted with text relating to an extremely dated statement, like "Oh no, guys, I think something's wrong with Captain America!" Perhaps this is all the info that is needed at this point in time. CatMarieS 12:34, 5 April 2007 (PDT)
WTF happened? A bunch of definitions (like PROMOTED, for instance) have been deleted. Is someone trying to put them into a new /v/ section? The page apparently isn't up yet, so I could make it if you want, but I have a feeling someone's already working on it so I don't wanna mess anything up D:
- I redirected them all to /v/ and then created the /v/ page in a single edit. That took a few minutes, so the definitions were briefly gone. Moot 19:07, 4 May 2007 (PDT)
What happen ?
Did somebody set up us the bomb? I know that putting all the memes and such on other pages instead of this one was the ultimate goal, but have we actually reached the point where this page can be a redirect to Category:4chan without any content being lost? Moot 10:57, 22 May 2007 (PDT)
- Nothing's been lost, just moved. All the memes and terms have been split off onto the Memes page. The goal remains the same, and that is to get them all on their own pages. --FetusMan 14:11, 22 May 2007 (PDT)
- Though it's a bit weird seeing it like this, now, it's better for the long run when everything is moved to where it belongs. kyrio 20:43, 22 May 2007 (PDT)